Last weekend a friend and I went to the Asian food store to supplement the pantry. After the shopping trip we took a book with Asian recipes for some dinner inspiration and found this recipe.
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 1,5 ltr of beef stock
- vegetable oil
- 400 grams of steak, slice it
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 anise star
- 2 teaspons crushed szechuan peper corns
- 1 tblsp sliced fresh ginger
- 2 tblsp dark soy sause
- 1 tblsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tblsp brown bean paste
- 1 piece of dried tangerine peel, approximately 3×5 cm
- 125 grams of fresh thin egg noodles
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Put the beef stock in a soup pan, add 2 liters of water and let it simmer. Keep it warm.
- Heat a wok pan and add some oil. Put in the beef and sear the pieces in 2-3 minutes. Add the cinnamon, anise star, the bean paste, ginger, rice wine, szechuan pepper corns and the tangerine peel. Add the beef stock. Let it simmer for about 2,5 hours or until you can shred the beef with a fork.
- Get the beef out of the pan. Throw away the tangerine, cinnamon and anise. If required, filter the stock.
- Prepare the noodles in another pan according to the instructions of the package.
- Put the noodles in a bowl, add the beef and the beef stock. Sprinkle some spring onions to finsh the dish,